Quicken Direct Connect
Upgraded Quicken Connectivity Now Available
Needham Bank personal accounts have been upgraded for use with Quicken’s Direct Connect feature.
With Direct Connect, managing your finances is even easier with real-time account information at your fingertips.
Direct Connect features an encrypted two-way connection so all of your transactions and account information are automatically updated in Quicken with up to the minute details. This connection upgrade also provides the ability to pay bills and transfer funds directly within the Quicken interface.
Adding a new NB Account to Quicken
To activate Quicken’s Direct Connect feature, follow these steps:
- Log into NB Online Banking and select “Additional Services” from the top navigation bar.
- From the drop down menu, select “Connectivity for Quicken.”
- Follow the prompts to create a password for Direct Connect and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Then within the Quicken interface, search for Needham Bank when you are prompted during the “Add an Account” process.
- Select the “Needham Bank - DC” option to ensure proper functionality as this is the only supported connection type.
Updating an existing NB account to Quicken Direct Connect
If you have previously enrolled your Needham Bank accounts with Quicken, follow these steps to ensure you are utilizing the Direct Connect feature. With this new upgrade, Direct Connect is the only Quicken connectivity we officially support.
- Open Quicken and click on “Tools” and then “Account List.”
- When your accounts load, click “Edit” next to any of the Needham Bank accounts you would like to utilize with Quicken.
- When prompted to search for your institution, be sure to type in exactly “Needham Bank Consumer - DC” to select the Direct Connect functionality.
- Additional information is available via Quicken Support: How to Switch Express Web Connect to Another Connection Type.
- For updating an existing NB/Quicken connection: Please be sure to update the account as noted above. If you delete the account’s profile and then reestablish as a new one, you risk losing your historical account data within Quicken.
- There are three Needham Bank options when searching within Quicken. The only connectivity option officially supported by Needham Bank is the “Needham Bank Consumer - DC” connection type. For proper functionality, please do not select either “Needham Bank Business DC” or “NeedhamBank” as we do not support those connection methods.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance in setting up or transitioning your Quicken accounts, please contact our Digital Banking Team 781-474-5804.